Monday, November 9, 2009

Experiment in Dragons

My (not-quite) finished piece for mentor class, an i
llustration of Bring the Painted Dragons to Life by Putting Pupils in Their Eyes

It didn't come out quite like I wanted, but it was a learning experience. I have a giant pile of paper in different shades and weights of green and red sitting around now, and I still wasn't quite prepared for how certain papers changed when glued down.

I didn't think to the scale part until near the end, and as result didn't finish in time -_- I'd like say I'll to go back and fix up this piece in the future, but chances are it'll end up in a corner and I'll have moved on to something else. The scales were done by punching out paper using a hole puncher and individually gluing them down using tweezers. Tedious but I like the effect.
Unfortunately because I was running out of time, I ended up rushing on the most important part- the head.
But I got some decent feedback overall. There are things that worked and others I realize don't photograph well at all. I've been looking at other sculpture artists and there are some different things I'd like to try.

1 comment:

  1. I love your paperwork! I want to see this in person some time =D